WE ARE OPEN REGULAR HOURS!
We are open Tuesday through Saturday 11 am to 2 pm
- ONE Reading Centre Member, IS ALLOWED IN EACH ROOM to browse for materials. Masks are required. (We can provide one if you don’t have your own.) We ask everyone to be patient as people take their turn and continue to observe physical distance of 2 meters or 6 feet, as required by Covid rules.
- DELIVERY SERVICE FROM SECHELT PUBLIC LIBRARY HAS RESUMED: books returning to Sechelt must be in the box at the Reading Centre on any Thursday by 1 PM. Books picked up in Pender Harbour will be delivered to Sechelt Public Library on Friday.
- If you do not want to come into the Reading Centre, requests for books can be left with library volunteers now, to be filled as soon as we can provide take-out service. To find out what we have visit our “LibraryThing” Online Catalogue at: https://www.librarything.com/catalog/phreadingcentre Email your requests to: email@example.com. We will also provide a “grab bags” that will try to suit your taste in reading material using a request form.
- To access our request form, please click here
- Out of an abundance of caution, we will be following the same protocols that larger public libraries are following, including frequent cleaning, frequent hand washing, and the use of rubber gloves and face masks, etc. This is to protect both our members and our volunteers.
- If you are actually quarantined at home and are desperate for reading material, please email firstname.lastname@example.org Note your phone number and address in your email, and we will try to get a volunteer to help you by delivering books to your home. This includes access to books online if you don’t know how to do that
- A limited “take out” service is available now through Sechelt Public Library. For details, please see: https://sechelt.bc.libraries.coop/discover/28807-2/
- Digital services are also available through Sechelt Public Library
Thanks for your consideration,
Karen Dyck, for the Pender Harbour Reading Centre Board
Once on the LibraryThing site, you can view all the authors in a list if you wish, then look at the individual books of that author. Start by clicking on the Entry Date column to see the new additions.
We are funded, in part, by the Sunshine Coast Regional District. Thanks to the Sunshine Coast Regional District for ongoing financial support. Pender Harbour residents may also use the Sechelt and District Public Library, thanks to tax support through the SCRD.
The Pender Harbour Reading Centre thanks our Rotary Club of Pender Harbour, Madeira Park for their continued support over many years.
DELIVERY SERVICE FROM SECHELT PUBLIC LIBRARY HAS RESUMED: books returning to Sechelt must be in the box at the Reading Centre on any Thursday by 1 PM. Books picked up in Pender Harbour will be delivered to Sechelt Public Library on Friday.
The Pender Harbour Reading Centre
- The READING CENTRE is operated by the Pender Harbour Reading Society as a non-profit society providing a limited library service to residents of Pender Harbour, Egmont, and Secret Cove. We are managed and are run by an entirely volunteer workforce. Thanks to the devotion and hard work of our volunteers, the library has thrived for more than fifty years. We are always looking for additional volunteers. Find out about volunteering at PHRC.
- We specialize in leisure reading materials, based on the interests of our members. We participate in BC’s Interlibrary Loan System and can borrow books from other libraries, provided they were published two or more years ago.
- We have an almost complete collection of Harbour Publishing’s books. These are books about the Pacific Northwest and, especially the Sunshine Coast. Look for the books with orange dots on the spine.
- Our funding is based upon an initial bequest donated in 1982, other small grants, and donations which are always welcome.