WE ARE OPEN REGULAR HOURS!
We are open Tuesday through Saturday 11 am to 2 pm – books taken out during our Covid induced closure are fine free.
- Reading Centre Members are asked to return books in plastic or paper bags clearly marked with their name. No fines will apply to Reading Centre materials which were caught up in our Covid-19 closure.
- ONE Reading Centre Member, at a time, can come into the Reading Centre to browse for materials. Masks are required. (We can provide one if you don’t have your own.) We ask everyone to be patient as people take their turn.
- If you do not want to come into the Reading Centre, requests for books can be left with library volunteers now, to be filled as soon as we can provide take-out service. To find out what we have visit our “LibraryThing” Online Catalogue at: https://www.librarything.com/catalog/phreadingcentre Email your requests to: email@example.com. We will also provide a “grab bags” that will try to suit your taste in reading material using a request form.
- To access our request form, please click here
- Out of an abundance of caution, we will be following the same protocols that larger public libraries are following, including quarantining of incoming library materials, frequent cleaning, frequent hand washing, and the use of rubber gloves and face masks, etc. This is to protect both our members and our volunteers.
- If you are actually quarantined at home and are desperate for reading material, please email firstname.lastname@example.org Note your phone number and address in your email, and we will try to get a volunteer to help you by delivering books to your home. This includes access to books online if you don’t know how to do that
- A limited “take out” service is available now through Sechelt Public Library. For details, please see: https://sechelt.bc.libraries.coop/discover/28807-2/
- Digital services are also available through Sechelt Public Library
- At the present time, there is no delivery service available between the Pender Harbour Reading Centre and the Sechelt Public Library
Thanks for your consideration,
Karen Dyck, for the Pender Harbour Reading Centre Board
The Pender Harbour Reading Centre
- The READING CENTRE is operated by the Pender Harbour Reading Society as a non-profit society providing a limited library service to residents of Pender Harbour, Egmont, and Secret Cove. We are managed and are run by an entirely volunteer workforce. Thanks to the devotion and hard work of our volunteers, the library has thrived for more than fifty years. We are always looking for additional volunteers. Find out about volunteering at PHRC.
- We specialize in leisure reading materials, based on the interests of our members. We participate in BC’s Interlibrary Loan System and can borrow books from other libraries, provided they were published two or more years ago.
- We have an almost complete collection of Harbour Publishing’s books. These are books about the Pacific Northwest and, especially the Sunshine Coast. Look for the books with orange dots on the spine.
- Our funding is based upon an initial bequest donated in 1982, other small grants, and donations which are always welcome.