We gladly accept donations to help with the upkeep of our Reading Centre.
- Please drop by the library on our open days and speak with the volunteer on duty. We are a registered charity and give receipts for donations of $20 or more.
- OR, please e-transfer funds to firstname.lastname@example.org and then send us an email giving us your full name, address, and telephone number, so that we can process your tax receipt.
- You can also “Gift” friends and family with a donation. They will receive an email indicating that you have done this.
- Revenue Canada tax number 849351317RR0001. Gifts of $20. or more will receive a tax receipt.
Thank you for your support for the Pender Harbour Reading Centre.
We have a dedicated team of volunteers but are always looking for good people to help. Volunteer options include: staffing a regular shift at the Reading Centre (usually one 3-hour shift per month); working occasionally as a “spare” to cover absences; behind-the-scenes work processing new books etc., and serving on the Board. Several of the options offer a very flexible commitment. Training is provided. For more information speak to the volunteer on duty, or visit our contact page and we will be in touch.
We appreciate all donations of reading materials that may be dropped off during Reading Centre hours( Tuesday-Saturday 11 am-2 pm). Donated materials may be accepted into our collection or put onto our “for sale” shelves. If your donations do not meet our criteria, please consider the Bargain Barn. Gibsons Recycling Depot also accepts hardbound and paperback books but not spiral-bound books.
For the donation of materials, the following criteria apply:
- The material must be in very good condition and less than five years old
- For books, we prefer popular fiction and nonfiction in hardcover, mass-market and trade paperbacks
- Any other material, including magazines, computer books, textbooks, encyclopedias and multilingual material will not be accepted because they do not fit our collection criteria and would have to be disposed of by Reading Centre volunteers.